The Registration Rules are quite complicated! So this very simple guide is offered for newcomers. You will need to refer to the Rules if you want the precise interpretation.
- The ISDS does not register adult dogs (except in special circumstances), but only pups and young dogs up to two years of age.
- Both parent dogs must be ISDS registered or in another approved register (ABCA).
- The owners of the sire and dam must be ISDS Members.
- The process starts with the sire owner submitting a Mating Card.
- The Breeder is sent a Registration Folder to complete when the litter is ready.
- The sire and dam must have passed defined eye examinations when the Registration Folder is submitted.
- If accepted, the Breeder will be sent Registration Certificates for each pup and the details entered to the Stud Book.
If you buy a registered dog from someone do ensure that they sign a Transfer Form and send it to us so that we re-record the dog in your name.